Saturday, August 28, 2010

IFBC Descriptive Paragraph - Snark!



When I walked into the main room of the party last night, I was still reeling from the panic of driving into Seattle for the first time. The horns were still kind of honking in my ears, reminding me that I was SO not in Portland anymore. The chaos of the party wasn’t helping at all. Everywhere around me I kept getting these glimpses of people’s faces I kind of sort of remembered from Twitter, but was too shy or star struck to talk to, but as soon as I took a sip of that Cosmo (Brought to you by POM Wonderful!) I really did start feeling a little better. My heart stopped punching into my chest wall, and even though my forehead was a little sweaty (because, honestly, temperature control hasn’t been a strength of the conference) I knew it was going to be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment